30th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS Weissruthenien (2nd Russian)

  • 75th Waffen Grenadier Regiment of the SS (October 1944)
  • 76th Waffen Grenadier Regiment of the SS
  • 77th Waffen Grenadier Regiment of the SS

Division Leaders:

  • SS-Obersturmbannführer Hans Siegling

In July 1944 the Schutzmannschaft-Brigade Siegling was formed and it was controlled by the police. This unit was formed out of several Russian security units' remains. The 1st regiment was formed of the 57th, 60th and 61st Schuma Battalions and Police Gebiets-Kommandantur Minsk; the 2nd regiment was formed of 62nd, 63rd and 64th Schuma Battalions and PGK Glebokie-Lida; the 3rd regiment was formed of the PGK Slusk, Baranowitsch, Wileika; the 4th regiment of the PGK Slonim, and Polizeiführer Pripyet. Cavalry and artillery units were formed of the 68th and 56th Schuma Battalions. The division was accepted in the Waffen-SS in August 1944. The division moved to France where they participated in the battles against Maquis in Belfort and Mühlhausen. For a short period of time they battled with the allies, but in November 1944 the division was brought back to Germany. The remaining men joined the Vlasov army, officers and junior officers were transferred to the 25th and 38th SS Divisions.

Insignia:

A Russian orthodox church's cross on the collar patches.